Associate Professor & Assistant Dean, EMBA (DUBAI)
- JNVU, Jodhpur (PhD in Management: The Challenges of e-Business)
- MLSU Udaipur (MBA)
- Pondicherry University (Masters in Public Administration)
- JNVU, Jodhpur (BSc)
Subjects Taught/Student Project Mentor
- Internet Governance
- Assistant Professor, Centre for Information Technology, SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai. Served as SBU-Head for the 1-year PGDM program (IM area)
- Visiting Faculty for the Masters of Information Technology, Virginia Tech University USA program at SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
- Teaching Assignments at Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, JNVU Jodhpur. Engaged Bachelor of Engineering (IT)- Internet Technology and Applications, PGDCTA program and Internet Technology Lab.
- Served as the Head of the UG Program & Controller of Examinations for the University of Bradford UK programs at the UG Business School IILM Jaipur Campus.
- Conducted executive training programs for National Productivity Council, Govt of India
- Tutor and Research Supervisor for Internet Governance Capacity Building Programme, Diplo Foundation, Geneva
Academic subjects taught
- e-Business (PG and Executive)
- e-Government (PG and Executive)
- Public sector Procurements and RFPs (Executive)
- Internet Governance (PG workshop)
Consulting, advisory & corporate experience
- Professional experience of 14 years in the areas of Program Management, Policy, ICT & Education Management
- Senior Consultant at the National e-Governance Plan - Programme Management Unit at the Department of Information Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi. Associated with the national level Capacity Building Program. This involved policy, design and development of the Capacity Building (CB) Program and its implementation across States, Union Territories and Ministries. Active coordination with various Central Government agencies/ministries and State governments on various projects, proposals etc. This included advising on policy and technical issues pertaining to capacity building, knowledge management, specialized e-Gov trainings, content development, staffing and resources for e-governance mission teams.
- UN-DESA Fellow (2005)
- WGIG (Working Group on Internet Governance) Secretariat at United Nations, Geneva
- Member of the Strategy Council of the United Nations - Department of Economic and Social Affairs Global Alliance for ICT and Development. UN GAID (2009-11)
Research & Publications
Research & publications
- "ICT enabled transformations in the government sector: The predicament of conceptualization in large-scale development programs". Springer Public Administration and Information Technology series, NY.
- Widening e-Governance Canvas. IUP 2011. Chapter "e-Gov Focus Maturity Model"
- Outreach 2010. UN-ITU copyright publication. Article "ICT and development- India’s story"
- Article: "Unlocking the M-Gov Potential" Good Governance Magazine (July 2010)
- Article: "An inclusive Approach" Good Governance Magazine (June 2010)
- Article: "I am from Delhi" Good Governance Magazine (May 2010)
- Article: "Wall Street in the Making" Good Governance Magazine (April 2010)
- Article: "Nurturing the nextGen ICTD champions" Good Governance Magazine India Feb 2010
- Article: "Capability Approach towards e-Governance" Good Governance Magazine India Jan 2010
- Article: "Targeting Millennium Development Goals" Good Governance Magazine (December 2009)
- Article: "Technology Governance for e-Governance: Addressing standards, interoperability, scalability and integration" Good Governance Magazine IndiaNov 2009
- Dataquest Magazine and Portal. Nov 2009. Article: "Gearing up for Gov 2.0: Digital content as e-Gov priority"
- Dataquest Quarterly special issue on e-Governance, Sept 2009. Article: "Transforming e-Governance"
- Dataquest special issue on e-Governance, July 2009. Article: "Clicking the right button"
- Business Process Transformation Grid: An empirical model towards strategic decision making for IT enabled transformations. (April 2009) Workshop on Application of Knowledge Technologies in Business. 12th International Conference on Business Information Systems. Poznan University of Economics, Poland.
- IT-enabled Transformations in Public Sector and Government (March 2009). International Conference on Technology and Business Management, Al-Ghurair University, Dubai, UAE.
- Transforming Government - E-governance Initiatives in India 2009 (Book by Computer Society of India, NISG and Nihilent) contributed chapter titled "e-Governance Approach in India – The National e-Governance Plan", co-authors Piyush Gupta, A Sridevi
- I4D (ICTD Magazine & web portal), Dec 2008. Article "Plan now for an informed future". Special edition on Internet Governance launched by the Hon. Minister of Communications and IT, Govt. of India, at IGF 2008, Hyderabad
- Dataquest magazine and Portal, Jun 2008. Article "Building Capacity, Managing Knowledge"
- I4D (ICTD Magazine & web portal), June 2007, "Internet Governance Capacity Building in Asia"
- I4D (ICTD Magazine & web portal), March 2007, "Internet and Openness: A Human Rights Perspective" reprint
- Diplo Research Portal, Feb 2007, "Internet and Openness: A Human Rights Perspective"
- Diplo Research Portal, March 2007, "e-Governance Capacity Building" reprint
- e-Gov Asia International Conference, Feb 2007, Kualalumpur, Malaysia. Paper title "Internet Governance Capacity Building in Asia"
- Dataquest, Jan 2007. Article: "Building Capacity" – about e-governance capacity building in India
- e-Gov (The e-Government magazine for Asia and the Middle East), Nov 2006. Article titled "Developing mechanism for instant electoral system"
- JIBC International Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, Sept 2005. Paper titled "Technical and Entrepreneurial Research Information System: An Applied e-model for Sustainable Entrepreneurship Development" reprinted
- International Conference on Science and Technology for Sustainable Development, 10-13 August 2005, Saint. Berchman’s College, Kerala, India. Paper titled "Fundamental interventions to promote sustainable development & Corporate Social Responsibility with reference to India: A sustainable science approach"
- ICFAI Journal on Entrepreneurship Development IJED, Dec 2004. Research paper titled: "Technical & Entrepreneurial Research Information System"
- The Second International Conference on Electronic Business ICEB 2002, December 10-13, 2002. Taipei, Taiwan. Paper title - "Offline Empowerment: Key to the Success of E-Business in India"
- Nirma International Conference on Management NICOM-2002, Nirma Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. January 3-6, 2002. Paper title- "Competitiveness in E-business through Business Process Transformation: The Virtual Showroom model"
- IBM, USA (IBM Certified Solutions Developer)
- Sun Microsystems, USA (Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform)
- ADBI Japan (Certificate in Public Information Services)
- ADBI Japan (Certificate in e-Governance)
- WIPO, Geneva (General course on Intellectual Property)
- Diplo Foundation, Geneva (Internet Governance Capacity Building Programme)
- Diplo Foundation, Geneva (Internet Governance Research Programme)
Awards & recognition
- Appointed to the Strategy Council of the United Nations - Department of Economic and Social Affairs Global Alliance for ICT and Development (2009)
- Emerging Leaders of the Digital World, Diplo Foundation, Geneva (2007)
- Recipient of United Nations Fellowship (UN-DESA), UN-WGIG, Geneva (2005)
Memberships & affiliations
- Member of ICT Awareness Committee, Coordinated by HelpAG, UAE (2014)
- Member of the BIS (Business Information Systems-AKTB) Conference Program Committee, Poland (since 2010)
- Invited Member of the R&D committee at Dubai International Academic City Authority (2009-11)
- Honorary Coordinator of IG Projects and Senior Tutor for the Internet Governance Capacity Building Programme (Asia region), Diplo Foundation, Switzerland: Interacted with diverse participants from across the globe. Supervised the e-learning programs and provided guidance in IG research activities. (2006-08)
- Member UN Solution Exchange on ICT for Development Group, New Delhi, India. (2006-09)
- Visiting Faculty to IMT, Nagpur, India (2006-08)
- Member of the Internet Society (ISOC), New Delhi chapter (2006-12)
- Panelist in “IT Projects” panel in the national-level Government Technologies Conference, Dataquest, New Delhi (Feb 2010)
- Contributed a position paper and ICTD framework for the UN DESA GAID Annual Meeting, Mexico. (Sept 2009)
- Contributed to the synthesis paper for Multi Stakeholder Advisory Group by the IGF Secretariat, UNO-Geneva. The recommendations were submitted to the UN Secretary General. (www.intgovforum.org) May 09.
- Engaged 3 day workshop on e-Gov Project development by National Productivity Council at Goa, India (Jan 2008)
- Delivered session on E-Government at Dataquest e-Gov 2008 Summit, Calcutta, India. (Feb 2008)
- Engaged workshop on NeGP training initiatives at IIQM-STQC, Jaipur, India. (April 2007)
- Delivered session on NeGP at Dataquest e-Gov 2007 Summit, Calcutta, India. (March 2007)
- Delivered session on Capacity Building at e-Gov India 2006 Summit, New Delhi, India (Aug. 2006)
- NIAM Nov 2004- National Institute for Agricultural Marketing, Jaipur (Govt. of India) - delivered session on ‘Customer Relationship Management’ in Management Development Program for Bayer Crop science India Ltd.
- Encarta 2003 (state level technical fest) by Department of Computer Science and Engineering, MBM Engineering College Jodhpur - Invited as subject expert on Electronic Commerce & delivered keynote speech titled “Let there be ‘e’”. (Oct 2003)
Professional training & programs
- Project Management Professional (PMP) workshop by Acelentia Consulting, New Delhi (May 2008)
- Commonwealth Connects: e-Partnership Summit (for IG awareness & advocacy) New Delhi (March 2007)
- Project Management Training on MS-Project, Astrowix, New Delhi. (Feb 2007)
- The Internet Governance Forum at Divani Apollon Palace, Athens, Greece. (Oct 2006)
- Workshop on Diplomatic Skills by Diplo Foundation at Vouliagmani, Athens, Greece (Oct 2006)
- Training Programme for Certified Recruitment Analyst (by Carlton Management Institute, USA) at New Delhi (Aug06)
- Orientation workshop for Program Management Unit under National e-Governance Plan organised by National Institute of Smart Government. Hyderabad. (Feb 2006)
- Workshop on Developing Consulting Skills organised by Institute of Management Consultants of India, Mumbai. (July 2005)
- Internet Governance Research Project Portal Programme, Diplo Foundation, Switzerland. (Aug - Oct 2005)
- Attended WGIG open consultations at ITU, Geneva and WGIG consultations at Château de Bossey (June 2005)
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme (organised by Centre for Entrepreneurial Leadership, Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani. (April 2004)
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme organised by EDC, Govt MBM Engineering College. (Jan - March 2002)